Sunday, April 28, 2013

About Innocent Intentions

So today, I see this article from Rolling Stone about the famous Rock Photographer Jim Marshall. It features some of his iconic photos: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/iconic-rock-shots-from-em-trust-photographs-of-jim-marshall-em-20100301?link=mostpopular4%22 I remember once meeting Jim Marshall, at the time I was a 20 something gal and he was an older guy who was a pretty established well-known rock photographer. He invited me to his place to take a 'look' at some of his photos. Of course, not sure what his intentions were, I declined. Then I posted about this to one of the facebook pages I moderate. Here's one of the responses I got about Jim from a lady called Susan:
He was definitely into hitting on women. He got me in a lip-lock that I didn't see coming and practically wrestled me to the ground... but he was a very talented guy, gotta give him that. I wouldn't go to his studio either... he kissed me on the street or else I wouldn't have been caught offguard...

So maybe I wasn't so offbase by declining. In retrospect, maybe he was just trying to show me his photos! But maybe not. The answer, of course, is now lost in the cosmos.

No comments:

Post a Comment