Friday, April 26, 2013

Meeting George Jones

Today George "She Stopped Loving Me Today" Jones passed away. I was surprised because I thought he had already left the universe. Anyway, I came across this little tidbit about a friend who met George:
I met George Jones once. The owner of the restaurant I worked at asked me to drive a limo to the airport to pick up Jones and his group. After I loaded their luggage, I closed the trunk, but it didn't close all the way. I ran my thumb under the edge of the lid and only then discovered that it had one of those gradual-closing-and-locking devices, and the lid slowly crushed my thumb. I screamed and somehow got it out. Then we all got in the car and I drove them to the restaurant. No one said a single word to me. And that's how I met George Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment